Sitemap can be submitted to main search engine manually, this can be done after successfully creating a sitemap for a website.
The information which will get here will provide you with an oversight information and step by step on how submit the sitemap to search engine sites.
The most common search engines are Google, Bing and Yahoo.
When submitting sitemaps to Google, the first step is to verify your site to prove to google that the site actually belongs to you.
- Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools just like you log in into other Google features.
- Press “Add a Site” and provide the URL to Google site in the pop-up box. Then press continue.
- On the page that opens afterwards, press the radio button right after “Add Meta Tag.”
- Copy the Meta tag from the instructions box. We’ll use this later.
- Open a new tab in the browser and open the site you wish to verify.
- Press “More Actions” and click “Manage the Site” from the list.
- Click the General from the tabs which is located right under Site Setting tab.
- Now the Meta tag copied from the instructions box should be pasted in the place right next to Verification.
- Save the changes.
- Go to Webmaster Tools where the Meta tag was copied from.
- Press Verify.
Step 2 is to submit the sitemap to the google.
- Go to Webmaster Tools site.
- Select the site of the sitemap.
- Click Site Configuration-> Sitemaps.
- Click Add/Test Sitemap which is located in top right corner.
- In the box that pops up, paste the following code:
- Submit the sitemap.
The sitemap is now successfully submitted.
Submitting sitemaps to Yahoo.
- Log in to the Yahoo account.
- Navigate to Yahoo Site Explorer.
- Add your website to the Yahoo by copy-pasting site’s URL and clicking Add My Site afterwards. Make sure to validate that the owner is you. To submit a sitemap, the validation must be done prior to it, otherwise the sitemap will not be posted.
- Press your website URL and click on feed links in right columns.
- Paste your site map URL and let the drop down “Website Feed.” Click Add Feed afterwards.
- Yahoo team will check and validate the sitemap and site as well. It will begin indexing the site as soon as when they determine that the sitemap is efficient and errorless.
Steps to follow to submit to Bing.
- Login to Windows Live Account.
- Navigate to Bing Master Center.
- Add your website to Bing search engine by filling the URL bar with your sitemap’s URL. Afterwards, press Add Site.
- Bing staff will check and validate the sitemap and the site. They will begin indexing the site whenever they determine that the sitemap is errorless.